35t Joint Meeting 20141020
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:48, 21 October 2014 by MaximPotekhin (Created page with "= Misc Questions = In no particular order, these are the questions pertaining to DAQ and its interface with off-line: * what is the low level DAQ file format/encoding (ROOT? b...")
In no particular order, these are the questions pertaining to DAQ and its interface with off-line:
- what is the low level DAQ file format/encoding (ROOT? binary?)
- what schema does the content of DAQ files follow?
- where is a diagram showing all the parts of the DAQ data stream with their names (millislice, microblock, tick, "trigger", etc)?
- what is the start/stop criteria that defines the highest level "chunk" of data (e.g. a "trigger")?
- how does this "chunk" correspond to a trigger for each expected trigger criteria?
- what time-ordering is expected from data coming out of the DAQ, particularly between disparate sources (e.g. Wires/PDs)?
- are we going to implement a "world clock" with 1 us resolution?
- what unit of data "chunk" ("event") is required and desired for offline analysis?
- what offline analysis decisions/limitations can we, as a collaboration, be comfortable "baking in" to this choice of unit?
- how are DAQ data "chunks" (triggers) numbered? How are offline data "chunks" ("events") numbered?
- what is the mapping from the former to the latter?
- what changes to art and/or LArSoft are needed to accommodate the above answers?