Jump to navigation Jump to search
- DocDB 9677, Proposed Run Modes for the 35t test
- DocDB 9785, Report from RCE-Backend Mini-workshop
- DocDB 9591, 35t Phase-II Testing for August Readiness Review
- DocDB 9823, summary for plans in mid-Fall 2014
Run Modes (per DocDB 9677)
|1||Continuous main DAQ mode||Similar to final 'triggerless' far detector running mode, i.e. parallel trigger farm looks for nice muons in real time.
Needs ZS of TPC data to work.
|2||Triggered main DAQ mode||Main selection is external trigger counter|
|3||Immediate triggered mode||Use TOC triggered mode (only outputs data in window) or SSP triggered mode to avoid bottleneck (this is a fallback option of there is bottleneck in either RCE or SSP data)|
|4||Triggered window mode||TPC in triggered non-zero suppressed mode (use before we are happy with ZS in RCE)|
Issues that need to be clarified
- Purposes and architecture of the proposed online farm
- Design of the metadata
- Handling TPC stream data within the framework which is trigger-oriented, issues of timing and multiple interaction in temporally close slices
- Possible necessity to duplicate parts of raw data to create overlaps, in order to make practical operation of the online farm