What are these pages?
This is the new location for documentation created and used by the LBNE group at BNL. These pages are created and maintained using Mediawiki. We decided to make a move to Mediawiki based on the following:
- It pays to use an industry-standard tool which enjoys considerable community support and benefits from enormous development effort already invested in it over the years. Mediawiki powers tens of thousands of sites including major industrial companies and government organizations (source).
- All indications are that the learning curve to start using it is fairly trivial
- In many trials, the Redmine system used to manage some of the content created by and for LBNE personnel did not really satisfy the previous two bullet points, in part because it's main intention is to manage projects and documentation does not represent its central design motivation. This is reflected in the product which is not intuitive and where navigation is somewhat hampered when the user's goal is developing and browsing documentation. Installation base of Redmine is considerably less than that of Mediawiki.
These are some useful links for getting started with Mediawiki:
- Formatting text in Mediawiki (markup)
- MediaWiki FAQ
- Mediawiki User's Guide - information on using the wiki software.
- The Long-Baseline Neutrino Experiment: Exploring Fundamental Symmetries of the Universe
- P5 report
- Official LBNE page at FNAL
- LBNE Document Database at FNAL (a.k.a. DocDB). Password is required. There are many ways to query the system, and the most widely used is by the unique ID number assigned to the document by DocDB.
- "Redmine". An integrated project and content management system used at FNAL.
- FIFE - Fabric for Frontier Experiments. A project at FNAL aiming to implement collaborative and shared solutions, mainly for the Intensity Frontier Experiments.
- Computing Effort Organization
- Computing Planning Process
- Computing Calendar
- Standing meetings
- List of important simulation and reconstruction meetings, including DAQ and 35t related topics
- FNAL Indico Pages for the biweekly Software and Computing conference call
- Upcoming events
- Upcoming Collaboration Meeting: January 22nd-25th 2015 (links TBA)
- Recent Events
- Standing meetings
Major Software Components and Tools
- art, a suite of tools, libraries, and applications for processing detector events.
- worch, a meta-build orchestration system based on waf framework.